Categories of Information Collected
In connection with the Services, we collect:
- Contact and account registration information, e.g., name, email address, postal address, phone number, wireless device address, account username, and password
- Demographic and statistical information, e.g., gender, interests, lifestyle information, and hobbies
- Financial and transactional information, e.g., shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date, and information about your transactions and purchases with us
- User-generated content, e.g., photos, videos, audio, information about your events, any information you submit in public forums or message boards, reviews you leave for vendors, and feedback or testimonials you provide about our Services
- Customer service information, e.g., questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, by email, over the phone, or by post; and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer care
- Research, survey, or sweepstakes information, e.g., if you participate in a survey or sweepstakes, we collect information needed for you to participate (such as contact information), and to fulfill your prize
- Device information and identifiers, e.g., IP address; browser type and language; operating system; platform type; device type; software and hardware attributes; and unique device, advertising, cookie, and app identifiers
- Connection and usage data, e.g., information about files you download, domain names, landing pages, browsing activity, content or ads viewed and clicked, dates and times of access, pages viewed, forms you complete or partially complete, search terms, uploads or downloads, whether you open an email and your interaction with email content, access times, error logs, and other similar information
- Geolocation, e.g., city, state, country, and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation; and, with your permission in accordance with your mobile device settings, and precise geolocation information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices
- Social media information, e.g., if you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may have access to information you provide to that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, gender, location, and current city; and information you provide to us directly through our pages on social networking and blogging platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wordpress, and Twitter)
- Other information, e.g., any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Purposes of Use
We may use personal information we obtain about you to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide the Services
- Personalize your experience
- Secure our Services and users
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Defend our legal rights
- Comply with the law
Online Advertising Opt Out Options
Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Opt-Outs
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) offer tools to provide consumers with choices as to whether participating third parties can use your information to provide targeted advertising. To opt out of sharing your information with such participating third parties for targeted advertising, please use the following tools:
- For websites: the DAA WebChoices Tool, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, and the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Tool, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- For mobile applications: the DAA AppChoices Tool, available at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Mobile Ad Settings
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings. Information on “limit ad tracking” settings for many common operating systems is available on NAI’s Mobile Choices page: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
Facebook Ad Preferences
Facebook offers settings that may control what information Facebook uses about you or your device activity for advertising purposes. Login to Facebook and go to Settings ➝ Ads ➝ Ad Settings (web) or Ad Preferences ➝ Ad Settings (app) for more information.
- The opt-outs described above are device- and browser-based. Because the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you must opt out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies, your opt-out will no longer be valid and you must opt out again where you want your choices to apply.
- Solstice Medicine does not maintain or control the opt-out mechanisms and settings above and is not responsible for their operation.
- Exercising these choices does not prevent us from delivering contextual advertising, conducting cross-device tracking for us to serve you first-party ads directly, or using information for non-targeted advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics.
- We may also still share some personal information with our partners to help us perform functions such as measuring ad effectiveness, controlling how many times you see an ad, determining ad performance, providing and securing ad, providing aggregate statistics and analytics, and/or reducing ad fraud. In such instances, these partners will act as our services providers.
- The above choices will not opt you out of the use of previously collected and shared information or all interest-based advertising (such as that conducted on other sites).