Amazing Benefits of Tangerine Peel and Fruit
Tangerines are a variety of Mandarin oranges, and they are red/orange in color. They are in the Rutaceae family and are often grown in tropical forests, often in Southeast Asia. Tangerines are smaller than oranges, and the fruit is deep orange in color with a rather flat shape.
Tangerines were cultivated in ancient China over 3,000 years ago. They are one of the oldest hybrid fruits in the world, and are a cross between a mandarin orange and a bitter orange. In ancient times, tangerines were highly valued because they had a unique taste and a loose rind, which makes them easy to peel.
The flesh of the tangerine is well known to have a high amount of vitamin C, as well as beta carotene. The peel of this fruit also has many health benefits, and frequently is used in herbal supplements.
Tangerine peel contains many beneficial compounds that are believed to support good cholesterol levels, blood sugar, and to support a healthy liver. Also, tangerine peel can support the health of the digestive system and help to better digest fatty foods.
Some of the other health benefits of the flesh and peel of the tangerine include:
- Both oranges and tangerines are a great source of various vitamins. The high levels of vitamin C make the fruit and peel an excellent source of antioxidants for the body. Antioxidants help to reduce inflammation in various areas. Antioxidants also prevent the development of free radicals in the body. This prevents unneeded oxidation reactions in the body, which may not be good for overall health.
- Tangerine support skin health and fight arthritis. The peel in particular is used in many health products in the US and in Asia to support healthy skin. It also can support good joint health.
- The peel can help to relieve the symptoms of various skin conditions, and may support the body in staying youthful. Tangerine has a high level of vitamin A, so if you have acne, pimples or other minor skin issues, the tangerine fruit and peel can help you. Also, if you have any wounds or scrapes on the skin, vitamin A can help to heal these faster; vitamin A is vital to help the skin to repair itself. Further, if you want to keep your skin looking younger with fewer wrinkles, vitamin A also can help in this area as well. This is because the antioxidants in the tangerine protect the skin as well as other parts of the body from free radicals. The vitamin C in the fruit also is thought to support the production of collagen in the skin; collagen is the protein that makes your skin suppler.
- It also provides several benefits for the hair. For instance, the vitamin in the fruit helps to moisturize the sebum in the scalp. This can help to make the scalp more moist and to reduce itchiness.
- Tangerine peel also is believed to support healthy cholesterol levels in the blood.
The oil from tangerine peel also is believed to have many benefits. For example, if you have a wound that becomes infected, you will often suffer from swelling, fever and aches and pains in the body. It is thought that the oils in the peel have compounds that help to fight bacteria and can reduce the chance of infection.
For centuries, oil from tangerine peels was used to stimulate the appetite and to promote good digestion. We do not know fully why this is effective, but tangerine peel is a good source of fiber. And fiber does promote better bowel movements.
Ancients also used tangerine oil as a sedative and to control various spasms and muscle contractions in the body.
Our Recommendation Ning San Yuen Herbal Supplemen
Our Ning San Yuen Herbal Supplement supports mental alertness, promotes heart health and helps you to relax.